This year CUPE’s Vancouver Island District Council (of which 4163 is a member) is participating in the Victoria Pride Parade. They’ll have flags and banners and walk the parade route. If any members would like to join them, they will be meeting at Centennial Square at 11 AM.
Please see information below for parade details and events following the parade. There are activities for the kids, vendors and live music. Come out and make a day of it! Dress up or come as you are! Come out and support our LGBTQ members.
Date: July 7
Info: The jewel in Victoria Pride Weeks crown is always our parade and festival. Pride Parade starts at 12 noon at Government and Pandora, and the Festival open immediate after at MacDonald Park in James Bay. Some points of interest for this year are:
- Main stage will include local Victoria Artists including last year’s, very popular Angela Hehr.
- A kids camp is set next to an impressive 50Ft long public park; and is accompanied by another 50ft long inflatable obstacle course (and bouncy castle of course!)
- Tumblebums will be providing a toddler play space for those rainbow lovers who have just gotten their dancing legs, and of course breast feeding mommies will have their very own tented space to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds.
- 150+ Vendors will be selling food and wares; of which over 80% are local island business owners & operators. This is in part what some think makes us unique from other Pride Festivals
- A fully stocked beer garden and very special performances catering to the 19+ crowd
- And of course Pride House, having grown substantially over the last 4 years, will be hosting over 10 different LGBTQ supportive organizations!
For more events, see the Victoria Pride Society site