CUPE 4163 Executive met June 30 to set priorities for the coming year. Picture from left front clockwise to right front: Jane Wodlinger– Vice President Component 1, Kayleigh Erickson – Communications Component 2, Julia Meyers – Communications Component 1, Steve Freeman – Vice President Component 2, Laurel Collins, Greg Melnechuck – President, Melissa Pritchard – Business Agent, Leann Dawson – Business Manager, Alex McLeod – Member at Large Component 2, Zack Draper – Secretary Treasurer, Joėlle Alice Michaud-Ouellet – Member at Large Component 1, Dave Dolff – Member at Large Component 3. Missing from the picture with regrets: Matthew Koch-Vice President Component 3.
The Executive would like to express great appreciation to David Huxtable who did a fabulous job of facilitating the session.
Focus of the meeting was:
- an updated website – scheduled to launch in Aug 2016;
- re-instating a Political Action Committee to target the Provincial Election May 9, 2017;
- create a Mobilization Committee with Terms of Reference (to be set by committee for approval of Executive Committee) The Committee’s work will include ideas for ongoing membership connection;
- Revise Orientation material for Member Orientation meetings at the beginning of the term;
- Building Steward (Liaison) network in all components;
- Steward training in all work group areas;
- Raise union profile with membership and public;
- CUPE4163 to participate in Victoria Pride Parade July 10; Victoria Labour Day Picnic September 5, 2016;
- Will ask members to provide “interest stories” for website and Facebook, ie. Member involvement in community organizations: this will profile CUPE 4163 members as well as their organization of choice;
- Member resource information for website, including quick references to collective agreement interpretation;
- A new agenda item will be added to monthly Executive meetings to monitor progress on reaching goals;
- Website and Facebook to profile organizations that CUPE4163 supports;
- Network with other academic CUPE locals and other academic unions.