The 2020 Stratagem Virtual Conference on Equity, Inclusion and Justice takes place over 4 weeks in July (with an week of introductory sessions during the last week of June).
The CUPE 4163 Executive believes this is a valuable opportunity for our members to become better activists and to help the Union identify areas where the Local needs to improve – such as decolonization, anti-oppression, and LGBTQIA2S+ inclusion work – and ways in which we can make those ideas real. With that in mind, the Executive voted unanimously to use our 2019-20 Conference budget to send as many members as possible to this conference.
- We have room in our budget to send 17 members:
- 3 Executive members will attend.
- 7 slots for Component 1 members who are currently TAs or will be in the 2020/21 academic year.
- 4 slots for Component 3 members who are teaching this summer or will be in the 2020/21 academic year.
- 3 slots for Component 2 members (note: in solidarity with our laid off brothers and sisters in component 2, we are waiving the “currently working” requirement )
- We will sign members up on a first come, first served basis according to the above criteria. If, at the end of next week, there are still unclaimed spots in any of the component allocations, we will assign the remaining spots to members from other components who are still on the wait list.
As this conference is spread out over four weeks, we understand that attending every session will probably be impossible for most members, and so we do not expect perfect attendance.
If you are interested, please send us your name, component number, and confirm that you are or will be working . email@example.com
Please note – if you are not interested or unable to attend the introductory sessions, and do not need the workbook, let us know, as that saves us money on the registration and may allow us to send an additional person.
For more information on Stratagem 2020 – see their conference site.