CUPE 4163 Component 1 and 2 and the University of Victoria ratified the tentative settlement at the end of March 2016. Details of the settlement included:
- total compensation of 5.5% over a 5 year term plus Economic Stability Dividend http://www.uvic.ca/bargaining/cupe-4163-1-2/updates/current/2016-04-01-CUPE.php
- Inclusion into collective agreement improved conditions for Res Life workers who were organized December 2013;
- Protection from academic harm for Component 1 members who exercise their rights provided for in the Collective Agreement ;
- Improved transparency for appointments of TAs;
- Improved vacation pay for term teachers with 5 years and 4250 hours;
- Enhanced Extended Health Benefits for Comp 2 Regular employees;
- Term Second Language Teachers moved to Schedule 2 Regular Second language Teachers Pay Schedule
CUPE 4163 will be providing collective agreement information to members in the coming weeks and months.
March 18, 2016 — CUPE, Local 4163 (Components 1 & 2) and the University of Victoria are pleased to advise that they have reached a Memorandum of Agreement to renew the collective agreement. Details with be forthcoming after ratifications in the next couple of weeks.
CUPE 4163 Component 1 & 2 members will be receiving confidential information about the tentative settlement and details of the ratification vote as soon as possible
To send an email petition asking President Jamie Cassels to help CUPE 4163 get a fair agreement, go to the petition page.
Component 1 and 2 members voted 86.5% Yes in the Strike Vote that took place from Tuesday to Friday this week.
Your Bargaining Committee thanks you for this support as they continue to bargain, on your behalf, with UVic in hopes of reaching a fair and reasonable agreement.
We will continue to update you.
Your Bargaining Committee
This is your last day to have your say! Ballots will be counted Friday Feb 19, 2016 @ 6:30pm
Please see Polling Station locations below:
|Friday Feb 19th
|ALL DAY 10am-6:30pm
10:00am – 6:30pm GSS All Day
10:00 am – 11:30am BEC
12noon – 1:30pm UVic Centre
Bob Wright Bld
12noon – 2:00pm Continuing Studies (CST)