Highlights of CUPE4163 Executive meeting Jan 20, 2015:
- CUPE4163 will acknowledge the First Nations Territory (UVic Stands on the traditional territories of the WSANEC and Songheese nations and this land was stolen through the ongoing process of colonization) at the beginning of meetings with members.
- Bargaining is continuing for Component Three and for Residence Life workers; and about to get underway to renew the collective agreement which expired Aug 31, 2014 for Component 1 and 2.
- Component 1 membership are actively gearing up to support their proposals at the bargaining table. Watch for posters and other actions designed to support bargaining.
- Some Component 3 Term Sessional Lecturers have experienced difficulty in accessing resources since the implementation to “OneCard”; currently being discussed with the Human Resources Director in hopes of finding a lasting solution.
- Component 1 Communications members are overhauling CUPE4163 facebook page;TA page is now inactive and all TAs and other members of all components are encouraged to “like” www.facebook.com/CUPE4163
- CUPE4163 will be moving to Mail Chimp for most membership communication.
- Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held March 26, 2015 Doors open 5:15 with meeting starting at 5:45. Location TBA . Matters: Election of Officers; Vote to be held on motion “CUPE4163 to endorse Divest UVic Campaign”; Social Justice Fund recipient; possible Trustee Bylaw change; Please mark your calendars and watch for more info in the coming weeks.